Thursday, February 4, 2010

Southern Columbia

The sunset was GREEN tonight! Amazing! The sky was filled with deep clouds and the valley is surrounded by vertical vegetated cliffs.

I’m in the town of Pato, Columbia which is in the south of the country. It’s quite a cute old town. It has the classic central square which is surrounded by markets and churches. There’s quite a hustle and bustle.

The mountain roads into Pato were quite steep and curvy. There is no such thing as a direct route here. The mountains seemed to be 3 or 4 thousand feet from the valley to the peaks.

I stopped at a fruit stand and bought a pineapple and a mango. I had the vendor cut up the pineapple and I ate half of it right there. It was very sweet and not acidic at all. YUMM! I had the rest after dinner.

Tomorrow I’ll go to Quito, Ecuador. I’m planning on spending some significant time in Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia. I’ll seek out the wilderness and indigenous culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment