Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Visit to the end of the road

I finally got to go out to the Tierra Del Fuego National Park where the very end of the road is. It was strange being there without my motorcycle, but not having the bike allowed me to hike a long ways. I got dropped off at Ensenada Bay and I hiked west along the coast to the end of the road, which is at Lapataia Bay.

My camera didn’t work today, so I wasn’t able to take pictures. When I got to the end, I borrowed someone’s camera and put my memory stick in it to take some final pictures.
The ocean had some white caps from the wind and the sky was partly cloudy, partly sunny. The sun turned the shallow water near the shore a beautiful turquoise color.
I had many emotions as I thought of all I’ve been through and the life I’m returning to. I thought much about the changes that this trip has brought to my life.

I had a much better lunch today: fruit, cheese, bread, juice, hard boiled eggs, chocolate etc.

I stopped at one place and was amazed at the very bold wildlife. There were two large birds who were walking and pecking at the beach gravel. A small bird was doing the same thing and further inland, there were rabbits browsing on the vegetation. Later on I saw a beaver swimming around in a river.

No comments:

Post a Comment